I have read more blogs this week than I have in the last 6 months combined and I do believe I know you ministry wives better now than I do my own husband. I’ve gotten a few emails asking if I’m going to answer the questions I posed to you so in the interest of full disclosure, here goes. And yes, I’ll get to the winners in a sec.
1. First Name: Lisa
2. State and Country of Residence: Alabama, USA
3. Husband’s Ministry Title. Sr. Pastor
4. Length of time in Current Ministry Location: 4 1/2 years.
5. Children? If yes, give gender and ages. 3 boys 13, 11, 10 and 1 girl, 7
6. Number of unique homes in which you’ve lived during your marriage.
This was a dorky question. By unique homes, I meant homes you’ve lived in once. Not the number of times you’ve lived with your inlaws while remodeling delapidated houses. If I don’t count those, then we’ve lived in 13 houses in 19 years of marriage. What’s up with all the moving we do??
7. Cook Sunday lunch or eat out? Eat Out every single Sunday – most of the time Mexican food. It’s all I can do to get us to church, much less get a roast in the oven.
8. Typically on time for Sunday School or not? Ummm. Maybe you should ask our greeters? I’m within the 10 minute window of on-timeliness since my class doesn’t start on time. Or maybe my class doesn’t start on time because I’m not there yet? (I’m not the teacher by the way. Or the main one anyway.)
9. Favorite TV Show. Not a big tv watcher but I do love LOST though I have a feeling I will be deeply disturbed with the biblical allusions that are being hinted at in Season 4.
10. Something you watch/like/do that you would never tell the church people. I would never let them see me break dance. I have a mean pop -n- lock.
11. Most annoying church-related pet peeve. When the PK’s act like heathens in children’s church. Or wait, maybe that’s the children’s church teacher’s pet peeve.
12. One thing you need to throw away but can’t bring yourself to do it. I have half a closet full of baby blankets that my kids most likely never laid under once in their lives and yet it seems like a sacrilege to get rid of them.
13. The one food you can not live without. Diet Dr. Pepper. Yes, liquids are foods.
14. Parsonage or have your own home? A wonderful parsonage. I truly love and am grateful for our home.
15. Freak when the doorbell rings or always ready for a visitor? Only freak when my husband lets in a deacon who takes pictures of my dirty dishes to text to the church members. Oh yes, he did.
Okay, so that’s all you wanted to know about me. By now, you are ready to kill me to announce the winners. But sorry, we are out of time for today’s episode so tune in tomorrow…
Oh, I kid. Here’s the skinny!
The first two women to return the correct answers were:
I also decided to add a 3rd cookbook to be drawn at random from the remaining entries. You girls worked so stinkin’ hard and I wish I could give each of you something! Would my undying love be enough?
Yeah, I didn’t think so.
Oh well, as chosen by my daughter by closed eyes and pointed finger, the random prize goes to:
If you girls will email your shipping addresses to thepreacherswife1 AT gmail DOT com I’ll have the cookbooks mailed to you right away!
I can’t thank all of you enough for playing along. I feel I’ve gotten to know so many of you in this past week in ways that it may have taken months to do otherwise. I hope you feel a sense of community here and that you girls each know you are treasured!
One other thing to note: During the past 2 weeks there have been many additions to the M2M Blogroll. Take a minute to visit these girls! We are fast approaching 300 blogs on the list so no doubt you can find lots of encouragement from women who are walking in your same shoes.
Again – thank you, thank you for playing. Hope it was as fun for you as it was for me!