Another week as passed in a blur…How much more important it is to stop and be grateful!
Here’s just a sampling of my Thankfulness:
1. The coolest thing – By a series of divine ‘coincidences’, a dear friend of mine whom we love and trust is going to provide caregiving for my grandmother you have prayed with me over. I’ll have to tell more of this story in a different post, but I have no doubt God was answering our prayers for my grandmother as well as my friend in putting us all in one another’s paths.
2. I have my Suburban back! Ahhh, sweet relief! Though I did love driving the mini-van we were loaned, (Thank you, R!) my ‘Burb is like my little home on wheels. It is not very new or very fancy, but I do love it and it has traveled many a mile with my family safely tucked inside. Thank you again to those who blessed us in that repair. You have no idea the grief and stress you relieved our family!
3. I am thankful for VBS coming up the first week of June! We have a fabulous coordinator and always have a successful week. I just found out I am going to be teaching 5th Grade which is not my normal ‘comfort zone’. (My wee ones are so much easier to impress) and I was hoping to teach a mom’s class but, this is okay even though it qualifies as an NLIP! Remember what we said about NLIP’s? We won’t give God NoLIP over them! So, since our theme is sports, I am going to decorate my room to the Georgia Bulldog hilt in a sea of Alabama/Auburn….Oh I am going to love this :))
4. I am sooo thankful for the opportunities to speak at my own church Friday night and another church in Georgia next Tuesday for our spring women’s banquets. Do you have any idea how much I love you girls? All personalities, all ages, I am just taken with you! I look forward to these nights of God and Girlfriends…Does it get any better?? :))
5. I am grateful that, though I love baseball, it is almost over. Three teams, 4 nights a week, most of the time 3 different towns for each game has just gotten overwhelming. My laundry, house, and car will prove it. And I wish I had just a nickel back for every hotdog, nachos and cheese, and gatorade we have purchased from the concession stands. My family needs vegetables, girls! The produce stands around town are beginning to fill up as we speak and I am looking forward to having some calmer evenings around the table. Now my hubby will probably laugh when he reads that, but I can have my good intentions can’t I? :)
UPDATED TO ADD:
Oh how could I have forgotten the sweetest blessing I’ve received all week? My son delivered an envelope filled with handmade cards from his elementary class at school thanking me for organizing the Winter Carnival and for teaching their Bible Classes. The proceeds allowed their class to have a fabulous field trip for which the children did not have to pay. My son’s teacher is a great man and has been a wonderful, Christian role model for the kids in his class. The most precious thing one of the girls wrote?
“Mrs. Lisa, Thanks for helping us. I wanna grow up and be just like you and teach kids about Jesus just like you do. Thanks for helping us pay
for our field trip. Your the best.”
You don’t think there was some leaking going on over that one??
And my son’s card?
“Mom, Flowers are sweet and it was sweet that you worked so hard on the Carnival.”
Be still my heart.
I look forward to your lists! Please go visit my dear friend Iris at Sting My Heart to join in the ThankFest! :)
I always enjoy your thankful list sweet one.
What a sweet thankful list. I enjoyed reading it very much. Have a Blessed Day!
Is it thursday already, its 4:00pm here and I am only having my first cup of coffee now, tomorrow we are off to our family camp, and I have to make sure that 100 hungry people are feed for the whole weekend, I will blog on Monday again if I am awake after this weekend, if I dont get to chat to you tomorrow enjoy the weekend and so glad you can have some calmer time, see ya dolla. love always me
I followed you over here via your comment at kissesfromheaven. I, too am a ‘preacher’s wife’ and have a 4 year old that tells it like it is. I enjoyed perusing your blog and will be back again. Have a great day!
Thanks for sharing your wonderful heart. I always smile when I visit you. Baseball games….ugh, I remember how we had to sift through the house and laundry after running so hard. But those are memories with the kids that are precious. We get a “calmer” dinner every now and then. Guess we treasure them when they do happen. :) Blessings on your day.
Wow…you have a LOT to be thankful for! I’m thankful I’m not involved in baseball…not my sport. We’ve got dance recital this weekend, though & I’m thankful that’s coming to a close.
Sounds like your VBS is the same theme as ours. I taught 5th & 6th grade last year. Out of my comfort zone, but it was wonderful. I was really blessed. Great age for thoughtful discussion.
I’d like to talk to you about your speaking engagements sometime. I’ll have to email you.
Melissa @ Breath of Life
Lisa, I love your list. And there’s just about nothing better than God and girlfriends, I agree! Except of course the sweetness in loving and being loved by our children…
WEll you whole TT post left me in a puddle, oh my goodness how sweet. Praise God for answered prayers for your grandmother. I too have a ‘burb and would be lost with out it. Love riding up high knowing the other person will be hurt more then me if they try to cross me, hehe =)
I agree wholeheartedly Christine! The whole family and children thing is a given! :))
Great list Lisa! Glad you have your Suburban back, I would be lost w/out mine too :) The story of your son is sweet….
I really am going to have to join in on this one…one of these days! I’m so glad you have the Suburban back! I too love my van so much that I’ve told hubby that when it starts to fail us, to please, please, please, call Chip Foose over at “Overhaulin” and have it fixed up for me. They don’t make Astros anymore, and I’ve never had a van I liked more for 4 kids and boatloads of sports equipment!
Precious card from the son!
What a great thankful post….those cards from the kids are just so precious….I would have shed a few tears over that too…..what a great example you are to those young ones.
How sweet for you to receive an envelope full of cards!! My family needs veggies, too!!! (Some that aren’t named Bob and Larry!!!)I can only imagine what it will be like when the Monkey joins the Jedi on the baseball field!
Take care and have a great day in Jesus!
Those letters are so sweet. I know you are so thankful to have had the opportunity to make a difference for those precious children!
Wonderful thankful post! So glad you have your vehicle back! Nothign like driving your own! I know how you feel about baseball, I felt that way about softball with my daughter! Then she went into coaching and needed her mother’s help…..Wonderful news about your grandmother as well!
Hi Lisa, I just followed you here from Lauren’s comments section.
Two things: I thought you might be interested in joining The League of Pastors’ Wives blogroll. You can check it out at http://leagueofpastorswives.blogspot.com
And I’m just letting everyone (on any blog I visit today) know that I have a Netflix contest/giveaway at my blog today. The interest seems fairly low thus far but I have five six month free trial codes to give away so hopefully a few people will have a go at it. :^D
You have a beautiful blog design. I love the tree!
The letter from this little girl is so precious. What an awesome list this week.
What a sweet list. The cards from the kids are adorable! I’m glad you have your truck back and I’m also glad you’ll be at our church tomorrow night! I can’t wait!
God bless you in all your ministry opportunities:)
Where in Georgia? You know I’m dying to catch up with you….
I’m not sure what is going to happen with my dad..we just got some bad news but depending on what happens, I still want to coordinate you coming here….
I know it will be awesome…
What a wonderful list (but I must say I loved the last one the best!) How sweet :)
What a sweet little note from that girl! You know, I still want to grow up to be a PTA mom just like you! (hee hee) have a great Thursday…..tomorrow is FRIDAY! Can’t wait till tomorrow night!
Sweet and wonderful list!!! Love you bunches and I am also looking forward to tomorrow night at the ladies banquet!!! I know that you are going to do an excellent job!! I’m so excited!!!!!!!!!
You’re right, the weeks do fly by in a blur!
Didn’t know you were a Bulldogs fan!
GO DAWGS! Sic ’em! Woof Woof Woof!
Can you believe my hubby is a ramblin wreck?
What a beautiful thankful list — filled with sweet blessings! Thanks for sharing — it blessed my soul!!
That is so sweet about the thank you cards…I can just imagine what a blessing that was!
Wonderful thankful list!
Just a fantastic list. I am always inspired when I stop in here.
BTW, I miss VBS. It was a vibrant part of my childhood.
The cards from the kids. Neat!
How cool is our God that He found a person that is just perfect for caring for your Grandma :) – He is way cool!!!!!
I am so happy for you that you got your ‘Burb back.
Where did the first six month of the year go? Already time for VBS *sigh*. I don’t know if it is just me, or my age that the time goes so fast?
How neat that the kiddos gave you ‘thank you’ cards. Kids always melt my heart, because I know that they are sharing from their heart and they mean it :)
Thank you for sharing your grateful heart with us with week.
Blessings to you and yours.
I just stopped over to say hi! I also am a preacher’s wife…
that’s a wonderful thankful list!has