I missed you Thankful Girls last week! As I’ve mentioned a time or seven, we had friends visit for a few days so I didn’t get to participate. I am so excited I can come play today!
Here are a few things for which I am Thankful:
1. Again, I am so thankful for our friends who got to visit. It was such a fun, spirit-refreshing time. Julie and I have so much in common as do Luke and Chuck. The girls’ mission in life is to keep our men lightened up and unwound! I do hope it worked for a couple of days anyway. I’m thinking if we got Chuck to sing karaoke and have barrettes put in his hair, then he was feeling a little looser than usual. My guy? He was utterly horrified when I suggested I would be the doo-wop girl for Julie’s teenage girls to sing, “Stop In The Name of Love”. Mario, the guy who ows the Mexican restaurant, even offered me three free meals to do it…However, I could see Luke pleading with his eyes, “please, please, please don’t do it.” He wasn’t worried about me, mind you. We knew some people in the restaurant and he was wondering how he would live it down at church come Sunday. In the voice of my childhood, hell-fire pastor “You gotta keep those Preacher’s Wives in line or else they will destroy-huh your ministrayyy and your testimonayyy…….” So dangit, I didn’t do it. But I clapped. Rebelliously loud.
2. I am thankful for my hilarious daughter who couldn’t stop singing after karaoke. She sang “Twinkle, twinkle Little Star” with one of C & J’s daughters. She really loved their song though. This is what I heard her singing later, “STOP – In the name of THE LORD, Before I break your heart..” That would be perfect advice for any boy contemplating affections for my little girl….
3. I am thankful for my new friends Shelly and Mandy. They are the hippest, Bible-loving college girls, ever! They almost make me feel cool again. Almost. Shelly is an OT Nerd like me and Mandy – she rocks. Literally. (And I think I’ve got her talked into letting me play the tambourine in her band…) Go see them! You won’t regret it..:)
3. I am thankful for a family in our church who just had their first grandbaby on its papaw’s birthday! You don’t think that boy will be spoiled do you?
4. I am thankful I have a running start on my NT term paper…I still have quite a bit to go, but getting started is the hard part!
5. I am thankful I made a 90 on my last exam…Only one final and the paper to go and I am finished – until August that is..:)
6. I am thankful it is bedtime and my kitchen is clean. Quite an accomplishment on Wednesday night. So, I will show my tired bones some appreciation by climbing in bed while I can. ‘
Go visit our wonderful host, Iris at Sting My Heart, for more Thankfuls!
Have a great Thursday!
Lisa, I’m dying laughing. I read that you were putting batteries in Chuck’s hair, not barrettes and I was thinking that was pretty odd. LOL I’m tired!
WTG on your exam and so glad you had a fun week! Yay for a clean kitchen and bedtime sounds good to me right now!
Congrats on your 90% that is great girl!!! Enjoyed reading your list, had a smile the whole time. Sleep tight =)
I will join you on your thoughts about Shelly and Mandy–there great.
I would love to be back in Bible college again studying all that OT & NT stuff.
oh girl you cracked me up with your rendition on keeping pastor’s wives in line…sure sounds like you had a great night :-)
I am thrilled that you came out and play with this week, missed you last week.
What a fun time you much have had with your friends :) – Although I have never done karaoke, I know I would have fun doing it :) – Your daughter is just precious.
Very cool that you are having a great time with Shelly and Mandy (btw-the links don’t work)…
You rock girl – 90 is an excellent score.
Again, thank you so much for sharing your thankfulness with us this week.
Blessings to you and yours…
I am thankful to have you as a bloggie friend :)
Enjoyed your list as always my sweet friend.
I enjoyed your list sweet Lisa. You always make me smile. I am so glad you enjoyed your friends coming over. I did miss you last week.
In his endless love,
Great post. Thank you for sharing your thankful heart. I also agree that Shelly and Mandy are great and wise beyond their years.
Have a blessed Thursday.
And Thank you!
Too cute, stop in the name of the Lord. . . I love it. Thanks for sharing.
what a sweet sweet post – i LOVE it…
and i’m thankful to have met you too!
so… i GOTTA ask: what’s your NT term paper on? i love finding out what my bible buddies are studying… up here i proofread for a LOT of the Korean students who are at the seminary and i feel like i’m getting an honorary degree myself. its SO much fun!
blessings on your studies — and i’m a librarian, so lemme know if you need any good books! k? i got connections!!!
Lisa, you always make me laugh. Great list. I’m glad you had such a great time with the company – sounds like sooooooo much fun!
A clean kitchen and bedtime – gotta love that :)
what a great list of thankfuls! have a blessed week!
I just LOVE reading your blogs! They always make me smile!
Great post. I haven’t forgotten your blog award gift to me. I will try to post that tomorrow or this weekend if not before. I am having a time getting back into the swing of things after my trip. I am almost finished posting new pics to my website of our land. I want to be there so badly! Pray for me that God will help me wait on His timing. Hugs!
Congrats on the awesome grade! Hang in there… I always feel so much better if I get that kitchen cleaned up before bed and awake to a neat and clean one!
What a wonderful list! I really enjoyed it.
I’m glad your princess is several years older than my son. Can you imagine if one day that princess of yours falls in love with a farmer?
LOL! I just about got all teary-eyed over that one! I TOO am so thankful for you! Mandy and I were just a rambling about how precious and adorable you were a couple of days ago.
And girlfriend – you ARE cool :) hehe
And if it’s okay, I think I’m going to make ‘Stop – in the name of THE LORD, Before I break your heart’ my new theme song for all possibly involved boys :) loving it!!!
Congrats on acing your exam. Great job.
What fun! Enjoyed the post! Be blessed….you have indeed blessed me!
I like Shelly too! I found her through LPM blog. I long to be a college girl, still, since I never went to a traditional 4 year school. Thanks for sharing and have a blessed day. (I got started late today…)
Wonderful thankful list! Have a blessed week :)
Glad to hear that you had such a great time w/ visiting friends!
And, congrats, on how well it went on your last exam and for getting a running start on your NT term paper.
I so enjoy visiting your blog! You are such a bubbly and uplifting person! :)
Great list! and Congrats on your test! I also am happy for you about the kitchen! It’s nice to wake up to a clean kitchen with no dishes in the sink so you can fill it up again easily after breakfast-LOL! Hope you had a goo nights sleep.
You made me laugh out loud imitating the preacher hubby’s voice!!!
When are you coming here??? I’m going to be in Atlanta (leaving the night of the 18th) and staying through the 19th for my mom’s birthday. Don’t want to miss you!
That was a real cute image I had of your daughter singing in the name of the Lord…So sweet!
Thanks for visitin my blog and welcoming me! Have a wonderful weekend!
Hello pretty lady. come over and be tagged on my blog, just a funny silly 50 question tag, its fun!!!! love ya dolla. love always me
I love your list. And I love that you wanted to be the doo-wop girl! BTW I’m a preacher’s wife too. Have a great week…I’ll be looking for you next week. In the meantime I want to check out your blog…you seem like a very fun person! :-)
This is such a great reminder. Why save gratitude only for November and Thanksgiving?
Congrats on that 90. That’s quite an accomplishment considering all that you handle daily.
Drop by the newly redesigned On the Horizon!