I missed you Thankful Girls last week! As I’ve mentioned a time or seven, we had friends visit for a few days so I didn’t get to participate. I am so excited I can come play today!
Here are a few things for which I am Thankful:
1. Again, I am so thankful for our friends who got to visit. It was such a fun, spirit-refreshing time. Julie and I have so much in common as do Luke and Chuck. The girls’ mission in life is to keep our men lightened up and unwound! I do hope it worked for a couple of days anyway. I’m thinking if we got Chuck to sing karaoke and have barrettes put in his hair, then he was feeling a little looser than usual. My guy? He was utterly horrified when I suggested I would be the doo-wop girl for Julie’s teenage girls to sing, “Stop In The Name of Love”. Mario, the guy who ows the Mexican restaurant, even offered me three free meals to do it…However, I could see Luke pleading with his eyes, “please, please, please don’t do it.” He wasn’t worried about me, mind you. We knew some people in the restaurant and he was wondering how he would live it down at church come Sunday. In the voice of my childhood, hell-fire pastor “You gotta keep those Preacher’s Wives in line or else they will destroy-huh your ministrayyy and your testimonayyy…….” So dangit, I didn’t do it. But I clapped. Rebelliously loud.
2. I am thankful for my hilarious daughter who couldn’t stop singing after karaoke. She sang “Twinkle, twinkle Little Star” with one of C & J’s daughters. She really loved their song though. This is what I heard her singing later, “STOP – In the name of THE LORD, Before I break your heart..” That would be perfect advice for any boy contemplating affections for my little girl….
3. I am thankful for my new friends Shelly and Mandy. They are the hippest, Bible-loving college girls, ever! They almost make me feel cool again. Almost. Shelly is an OT Nerd like me and Mandy – she rocks. Literally. (And I think I’ve got her talked into letting me play the tambourine in her band…) Go see them! You won’t regret it..:)
3. I am thankful for a family in our church who just had their first grandbaby on its papaw’s birthday! You don’t think that boy will be spoiled do you?
4. I am thankful I have a running start on my NT term paper…I still have quite a bit to go, but getting started is the hard part!
5. I am thankful I made a 90 on my last exam…Only one final and the paper to go and I am finished – until August that is..:)
6. I am thankful it is bedtime and my kitchen is clean. Quite an accomplishment on Wednesday night. So, I will show my tired bones some appreciation by climbing in bed while I can. ‘