Diverse Facts Do Not a Blog Post Make
There have been several potential blog topics rolling around in my head but when I attempted to put them to screen, it became obvious that none of them would comprise an entire post. The fact that I have just admitted I lack the ability to blabber on for a few paragraphs about absolutely nothing should serve as testimony that I am either suffering from aspartame poisoning or that we’ve just started Vacation Bible School. Or both. Yes, most likely both.
So, in an attempt to provide some positively uninspiring thoughts for your consideration, I present the Top Five Blogs I Would Write If I Weren’t So Lazy:
1. I read magazines from back to front. I’m always disappointed when I get to the back pages only to find lots of ads and other things I don’t care about so I get that over with first. My favorite subscriptions as of late? Real Simple and Southern Living. I got both for $5/one year in an Amazon Deal of the Day. Favorite reason to read magazines: decorating ideas and recipes.
2. I lack the ability to stop the gas pump on an even dollar amount. If I go over one cent, I will try to roll to the next dollar only to go over 2 cents. And don’t even get me started on those little televisions at the Walmart Murphy stations. They place those on purpose so people like me will get distracted and pump $100 while watching sitcom commercials. Or $100.01.
3. I am insanely proud of Allison Black who represented our school and community in the Scripps National Spelling Bee this past week. She was the very first speller and opened with the word ‘serendipity’. Quite fitting for a girl who is finding joy in unexpected places after losing her precious dad, Randall, a few months ago.
4. We began Saddle Ridge Ranch Vacation Bible School Monday. I am co-teaching a 5th/6th grade class. Note to others working with this same age group: they will look at you strangely and with contempt if you ask them to yodel their memory verse.
5. The house is coming right along. Carpenters are framing the upstairs and we are supposed to have those thingies that hold the roof up by the end of the week. I’ve learned carpenters do not take a woman seriously who asks questions about the thingies that hold the roof up but thankfully this group of guys is way too sweet to make me feel badly because of it. I baked them cookies tonight to make up for having to talk to me on a regular basis.
I hope this week finds you well and hopefully blogging more intentionally than yours truly. It may sound like cheese, but I really do appreciate your coming ’round anyway.
Your notes make my day.
Aren’t those thingies called trusses? bahahaha
.-= Brooke Smith´s last blog ..Moving to NYC =-.
I just learned of a meme today called Miscellany Monday and this post would totally fit! I happen to think it’s a great idea because often my thoughts are jumbled, especially on Mondays!! It’s hosted here:
Anyway, I am also someone who likes to read magazines back to front.. but these days I’m just happy if I’m able to sit down and flip through to look at the pictures! :) I hope you have a great week!
.-= Crystal´s last blog ..Menu Plan for 6/7/10 =-.
Thanks for the hint about VBS!! My husband and I are teaching 5th graders next week and I wasn’t sure about the yodeling thing either!! But I am so excited because it is one of the few ministries my husband and I do together at church and I get to spend at least half of his work day with him! Praying the week continues to good. And pass along any other helpful hints!!
.-= Caroline´s last blog ..Tuesday’s True Woman pt 1 =-.
You always make me laugh!
We’re doing Saddle Ridge the last week in July. I’ll pass along your tip.
And I believe the thingies are rafters.
I was praying for Allison when I heard her name mentioned on J103 as going to the Scripps National Spelling Bee. I knew she was from your town and thought she was the same little girl we had been praying for. (short term memory loss you know). Have fun in VBS. I guess I need to get looking at my stuff since I am teaching in two weeks….I do believe my husband’s secret potion to change me have started taking effect after 28 years. I am no longer the early bird maybe just the morning worm about to be gobbled up.
Blessing to you!!!
VBS starts WAY TOO SOON for this VBS director & Youth Pastor’s wife (july 12 -16). Oh well . .. it all always gets done & God is (hopefully!!!) glorified along the way!
I am so with you on the going to the next dollar thing, and maybe aspartame is to blame for how I’ve felt this week ;) I can’t claim the VBS excuse til next week. Why is it so hard to get to rest? Seems like everything in the world is working against me. Personally, this is just the kind of conversation I needed to have with a fellow ministry wife today, so thanks for sharing the miscellaneous. :)
.-= Julie@comehaveapeace´s last blog ..Tasty Tuesday ~ Iced Tea =-.
I read magazines from back to front too! It just keeps things interesting, ya know? And I totally vouch for that group of carpenters. . .I know for a fact they have had to answer some really, really out there questions in the past (one of them has had to answer questions from yours truly lots of times, and I can assure you there were really stupid questions, too) and by now, they are totally used to it and probably wouldn’t make anyone feel bad about it. That is part of the reason why they are the best around! I’m still so excited for you guys! Building is so blah, but the final result is wonderful. Love you!
.-= Shaunta´s last blog ..Today is the First Day of the Rest of Her Life =-.
I am not a preacher’s wife – thank You, Jesus! Can I still comment? You crack me up! I SO needed the laugh today, so thanks! I read magazines from back to front too, which amazingly earns me strange looks and comments from my rising 7th grader. The contemptuous looks are reserved for almost everything else! It is only in recent years that I am able to read a book without first looking at the end and I have a real need to stop the gas on a whole dollar. And the last thing… do NOT stop asking questions about the building of your home! It is your dime – and I bet the cookies earned you a corner that will actually measure 90 degrees when finished! :-) You really brightened my day! Beth
I think we’ve all been in this place in bloggyworld lately.
Random is still good… ha!
We are doing Saddle Ridge Ranch this week too. This is my first VBS in a tiny town. We have three classes. I am doing the K and under class. Sunday I had 5 mostly Kindergarteners. Monday I had 9–7 boys, 2 girls, ages 2 – almost 7. Whew! I wasn’t quite prepared for that, but we made it! Hang in there and have fun yodeling!
.-= Shelly´s last blog ..Long time no see! =-.
Hi Lisa, I just found your blog! Thanks so much for your encouragement. Speaking of magazines, my man confessed to me that HE read my chick magazine when he was trying to go to sleep. I’m pretty sure he was asleep in a matter of minutes!
.-= Kirsten´s last blog ..Verklempt! =-.
This is HYSTERICAL and so true for me as well. Sometimes I feel like my life is one big BLOG POST being “thought about”. Notes everywhere, ideas galore….but never enough to actually WRITE something that makes sense.
Most of the time, I can’t even make sense of my NOTES!
Great POST girl!
ps…did you ever see that book plug I gave you on one of my random collection of thoughts posts??
.-= Pat Layton´s last blog ..How Old is “old”??? =-.
We read because we love you. You don’t even have to make us cookies.
.-= Kelly @ Love Well´s last blog ..Kieran, Part Two =-.
I don’t pump my gas (usually) G does it for me. lol When I have to, I go over by a penny to.
We started Saddle Ridge Ranch Sunday and I am working crafts which is funny considering I am not a craft person but when your bff is the leader and needs help ……;)
Excited for you about your home. Many blessings on your new home. I have a friend with a large family and while they were having their home built , they went in a wrote Bible verses all over the 2×4’s and even the stairs. I thought it was the coolest thing and after it was finished their pastor came over and they had a blessing prayed over their home.
Have a great day!
.-= Patty´s last blog ..New Blog =-.