I want to first thank those of you who took time to pray for Luke’s Uncle Dave. I am so pleased to tell you that he is improving and is now out of ICU. He still has a long road but at least he’s on his way down it. He and Aunt Faye are very grateful for your concern and ask that we keep it coming!
Also I want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to pray for those life issues that you are facing. Man, life is just stinkin’ hard. I’m a fixer and you have no idea how difficult it is for me when I am up close and personal with someone’s pain and realize there isn’t a thing in the world I can do to make it go away. All I know to do is care – and I do. And pray – which I will continue.
On a lighter note – yes, please – we watched the National Championship game Monday like good Alabamians. (Spell check wants me to be a good Albanian.) I’m not a Tide fan chiefly because my heart belongs to the Georgia Dogs and Coach Mark. Secondly, Satan/Saban cusses too much. However, foul mouth and all, you can’t take away from an awesome performance and the obviously excellent coaching that has led the team to another title. As for the game, I have a couple of things to say about that:
1. Roseanne Barr must have been unavailable for the National Anthem which is the only reason I can fathom they had the opera man from the unknown HBO show sing “And the land of the ah-weeeeeeee….” You really should find it on YouTube if you have no clue. It’s priceless.
2. If I never hear the words “honey badger” again in my life it will be too soon. I would like to re-dub him “Frustrated by the Bama Defense”. And then I would like to correct his hair.
3. It made me very nervous when all those players started passing around the crystal ball which begs the question: Is that one a stunt trophy and the real one is somewhere safe and sound? Inquiring minds want to know.
4. Let’s leave the BCS behind and talk about Tebow a minute. Did you know he passed for 316 yards in the Steeler game? Am I the only one who is thrilled with the allusion to John 3:16 all over the news? God is so cool.
5. Just think of the influence Saban could have if he didn’t cuss so much.
6. Mark Richt is not a cusser.
I’m going to go now because I need to take some time to figure out Pinterest. I just don’t get it, y’all, and the fact you all are so in love makes me know that I’m missing out on something. Do you have any favorite pinners you follow? What do you call Pinterest people anyway? Tips for me?
P.S. I have an important reminder: Contagious Joy is hosting a virtual conference More inJoy this Saturday from 10-12 p.m. CST. Rachel Lovingood (pastor’s wife and co-author of the ministry wife Bible study “In Her Shoes”) and Diane Nix (creator of CJ, author and seminary professor’s wife) will be speaking as well as yours truly. There will also be a panel discussion. Those always prove to be wild and crazy! Worship will be streamed from the band “Counting the Day”. It’s a short couple of hours that we pray will be a great encouragement to women serving alongside their husbands in all forms of ministry. You can register now for only $10.