Wow…another week! My list is quite random today…Hope you can hang with my stream of conciousness! :)
1. I am thankful for my friend Melody at Kids, Cakes, Dishes, Laundry who is the real life Ace of Cakes. She did one for a Coming Out party that you simply have to see. No – it’s not that kind of Coming Out party…Just go here and scroll down to the last cake…trust me, you’ll be so glad you did. And if ya’ll don’t already visit her on a daily basis, you just have to! She has me belly laughing every single day…You Rock, Melody! :))
2. I am thankful for a husband who prays for me… He is constant encouragement to me and I indeed am blessed. I am also grateful for a few more speaking opportunities that seem to be arising out of the ones I have just completed. I love my God and I surely love bragging on Him so any chance I get to do it, I’ll suck up my nerves and go! :)
3. I am thankful today is the last day of school – I think (I am positive it is the last day of school – I think I am thankful about it :)) I’ll be praying for a measure of sanity this summer and for some fun, free things for the kids to do. Ya’ll got any good ideas for the North Alabama area? Just don’t suggest this zoo.
4. I am also thankful that all my kids had wonderful, godly teachers this year…I know opinions differ in the public/Christian/homeschool debate, but I have to say that God has called our family to a wonderful place where the darkness typical of many public schools has not yet reached. I am able to have the 2-6th graders come to our church once a week for Bible Classes, for Pete’s sake! Where else do you find that??
5. I am thankful for my brilliant little children. (They take after their mom) All three of them won top Reading Honors and my oldest got High Achievement (Highest GPA) in every single subject for 5th Grade…..Keep it coming baby, mom and daddy need some scholarships..:))
6. I am grateful for AWANA. This was our first year at our church..We averaged about 80 kids per week and they have learned sooo much. Our awards program is this Sunday…If I can get through that and ball season and I will honestly lay in bed for a week..:))
I hope ya’ll have a week full of immeasurably, unexpected joy! :)
For more thankfulness, go see Iris at Sting My Heart!
Wonderful you go preacher kids, Lisa so proud you must be of your kiddos. have a great day dolla. love always me
It is awesome that you all averaged 80 kids at your AWANA — IMPRESSIVE!!!! That place where you are must be growing because to be honest I didn’t know there were 80 people out there =) just kidding.
AND – seriously? You have kids from the public school come to your church? Is it an “elective” or how does it work? I am stunned and amazed!!!
BTW – planning on being around there the 4th of July…..I’ve asked Robin about having a big party — you all should come!
Mindy…YOu are right! It is a growing community!
Our church runs about 180 on Sundays..way more than anyone would dream in my little town! :)) A lot of our kids for Awana come from the school. And yes, the class is elective. The kids can get out of PE one day per week with a parent’s permission..We have about 170 enrolled out of 300 students who are that age…
I love it here! :))
And tell me when you come home!
Dropping in for Thankful Thursday! I am thankful school is out too, but for traffic reasons…and props to the kiddos for all their hard work. Have a thankful day!
I love your posts so much! I am greatly encouraged and also enjoyed my first week with the I AM Bible study! Thank you for putting it all together! Come on over to my place, when you get the chance…I’ve posted my first submission. I also LOVED the cake you mentioned!! How hysterical!!! I love Thankful Thursdays! Have a wonderful week!
I’m glad that you are thankful that school is out…. I wonder how thankful you’ll be when it starts back? haha!
You really inspire me, bless you.
What a lovely post. This is my first visit to your blog but I will be back for more.
That is awesome that you had 80 kids your first year! We had 25 our first year and now after four years are up to about 50! Thank you for your kind words of encouragment to me today!
Will be back later to post my Lesson Six answers.
As for free outdoor fun…try nspiredbyfaith’s house…sounds like she is having some fun on the farm…however, neighbor sounds too x-rated for kids:)! Seriously, remind me to tell you of some of the local parks.
I will enjoy school being out for about a week, then I will be praying for it to start (that is about how long it takes for the fighting to start, hehehe).
I do look forward to the summer activities though.
I am thankful for you, and thankful for the ministry you have with women. Hope to come hear you speak one day =) How does Florida sound, hehe.
Thanks for the link to “Kids, Cakes, Dishes, and Laundry…in that order” With a name like that its gott be a fun blog.
A praying hubby has go to be in some special top ten lists.
Loved your “random” list! Blessings on you today!
I agree with you on the school debate…we homeschool through a charter school where 95% of the staff is Christian, and our teacher prays for my kids…and my daughter’s tutor prays over her regularly…it’s the best of both worlds!
Lisa, what a great list. I hope to get my kids started in AWANA at a new church we think God wants us at. I think they will enjoy that.
Thank you for all your sweet comments on my blog :) Have a great day!
I hear you on the “thankful that school is out” bit…check out my post from yesterday to see how my summer has started out!! We don’t have AWANA at our church, but I feel the same way about our TeamKid program. The impact that it has had on our little girl is amazing! Thanks for sharing your list. Have a great day!
You know – the other as I was praying for my on-line friends, your name kept coming to mind :). I told God that it would be so neat if He could give you as many speaking arrangements and you because huge…like some other speakers I know *warm smile*…I think you can rock the world with Him and for Him!
I think it is cool that you have the opportunity to minister to the children of your children’s school.
Thank you so much for sharing your thankful heart with us this week.
Be blessed today and always.
I did a follow up today on the Bible study… in a devotional thought you might be interested in…
I can’t wait to share God’s plan… but because of the ones that read my blog, I need to hold off..but I’m sure my face is all aglow ….as God is speaking
I loved the cake, but of course us nurses have a weird sense of humor anyway. I know L is an encouragement to you, I have heard you tell of that several times, but I was also really impressed when he was backing you up last night at church about the bad call the ump made the other night. And please tell him I said so.
I come from a home church/home school background of six years, and stepped into public school of all things! It didn’t go over well with some, but my pastor and his wife, of all people encouraged me, as it was a choice that they had made too. It has worked well for us thus far. My daughter is witnessing like crazy and the kids are bringing Bibles to school! I’ve also been able to witness to some moms too, so I totally get this, and I’m glad that it’s a blessing for you.
bless your hubby
thank the Lord for giving you some more speaking opportunities
bless your childrens teachers
congratulations to your children thats great about the adwards
the AWANA programme
Hey I am a christian public school teacher and I WILL also be thankful when school is out!! :)
Our public school also allows 4th and 5th graders to leave school once a week for religious release. It’s a great program, and it’s held during their school day! Amazing!