Here are some things I am working on:
1. The last time I posted here, I think I told ya’ll I intended on finishing my New Testament course. Well, I am almost there. I have a final to complete and a little bit more of my paper. I WILL OVERCOME! :) I’ve got some time yet to complete it so I’ll get to it soon….
2. The reason I have not finished this course work is because I am diligently working on a submission of the ‘I AM’ study for LifeWay. I’m not in any way suggesting I think it will actually be published, but this is a project of obedience and experience. If there is one thing writing this study has taught me, it is God can accomplish anything He wills through a girl with a ‘yes’ in her spirit. If He wants this message out in this format, He’ll make it happen. If He doesn’t, I still praise Him because knowing Him is enough for me. Anything else is just icing. My goal for this week? Complete the First Chapter Material.
3. I am also working on some conference material called, “Get Over It: Being an Overcomer in An OverWhelming World” My goal for this week? Pray, pray, pray. I don’t know if the Lord is taking part in Fit4Life, but if He is, I hope His goal this week is to reveal my session titles…I have some good notes already but am reading John MacArthur’s Revelation commentary now. Some good stuff, girls!
4. Another goal? Send letters to some of my new friends in Montgomery to encourage them in their walk.
5. A very important must-do: Answer email. There are some pressing things I must take care of that will take much scriptural support for replies. Please be patient with me girls! I promise I am praying and forming responses even now! I so need school to start back! :)
6. Keep walking. I’m not losing much weight past the 5-6 lbs. that initially came off when I got serious with walking/running again, but I can definitely tell a difference in my endurance and the increased tone in my legs. I’ve given up on the belly fat ~ I’ll just accept it as a marker of motherhood.
Go visit Deedra for more Fit4Life…It’s never too late to get on board!
Boy, you’ve got a lot on your plate right now! I can’t wait to learn more about the new study you are doing on being an overcomer.
BTW, I prayed for protection from warfare for you guys this morning and also for the women in Montgomery that you were able to connect with. And yes, Beth Smith needs all of our prayers. They showed her on TV last night and she just looked so defeated. I’m just glad that she is safe and pray that she will get the help she needs to recover from this ordeal and whatever else is going on in her heart.
Hi there, looks like you are really busy. Great list, and good luck in reaching all of your goals.
Have a great weekend.
Lisa, Thank you for your sweet words! As always, you are very encouraging to me!
I think you should book a trial run on some of your material for the conference with some of your girlfriends! Or maybe when you get finished with the conference. The title sure sounds like something most every woman I know would benefit from!
Sorry I missed you this morning, but girl, let me tell you! I got the workout of my life! I thought I would be chasing those stupid cows, it was the other way around! I usually bring some type of feed sack with me so they will just make their way to where I am. Well! When I opened the gate the only cow we own that has horns was leading the stampede! I ran for my ever loving life! Through the knee high grass, praying with every step that I didn’t step on a snake!
I have just one thing to say:
Beef, it’s what’s for dinner!!
Girl! You don’t need to loose any wait! Are you serious?
And please make sure you find some time to eat, sleep, and breathe in the midst of that Jesus insanity! :)
These are some exciting things you are working on Lisa! I pray the Lord opens the right doors.
You’ve got lots of goals! You go girl!!
I’m joining in this week. Thanks for the encouragement! I found the challenge through your blog!
I hear you on the belly rolls!!!
I have managed to get rid of the back rolls, and I actually have some biceps starting to show, but the “lunch lady arms” and the belly rolls are hanging on for dear life!
I am a firm believer in the fact that when our children leave the womb (their first home), they leave behind a piece of furniture. After four kids, I believe I am toting around a recliner, a kitchen table, a couch, and one king-sized waterbed!