Our crazy schedule has prevented me from participating in Thankful Thursday for a few weeks. But, how can I skip Thanksgiving week and move right on to Christmas without making an effort towards gratitude?
Here are but a few people and things for which I am overwhelmingly grateful.
* Christ’s Birth. I never get over imagining what it must have been like in that cave when God in the flesh was born among men. That Mary held God wrapped as a baby boy. He could have died that very night and the sacrifice would have been sufficient, but He chose to live the perfect life as an example of what we are unable to do. I am so grateful I was one of the “unto you’s” the angels told the shepherds of.
* My Jesus Devotional – My favorite Black Friday deal at LifeWay. Beth’s 90 Days with Jesus Devo was just $10!! What a perfect book to be working through in December and into the New Year.
* LB and TJ – My Sis and Bro In Law – I am so grateful they are always willing to lend a hand. TJ came up to install our carpet in the kids’ den we are remodeling for Christmas. We had a great time letting the kids play together. They live about an hour away so we don’t get to see one another as much as we’d like.
* Bonnie Bruno – God orchestrated our friendship in every way. I don’t know what good I do her, but she is indispensable to me. :) She is a brilliant writer/photographer and is a constant source of encouragement. She is my Titus woman! Please pray for her this week as she had surgery on her hand. Love you, Bonnie!
* Our health and blessings – I could recount so many griefs here that have happened with personal friends and acquaintances just recently. Illnesses, Injuries, Loss of Loved Ones. All these remind me once again how fragile life is and every moment should be embraced as a blessing from the Almighty. I pray for you, my friends, who are shattered right now. Your broken hearts break mine.
* Deb’s (Miss Corinthians) work with the children’s play – My friend Deb courageously directs the kids’ Christmas play each year. Last year’s performance at our church was brilliant and played to a packed house. Deb is so patient with all these little ones and they flourish under her care. Thank you, Deb, for doing what I certainly could not. :) I’ll just stick with financing the little actor who feels he needs to be paid for all his hard work….lol
* Scripture that is God-breathed. This morning I had the most specific prayer for God and He specifically answered back with Psalm 145. I have to admit I go through significant periods of time feeling I am nothing but a major disappoint to Him. This spoke directly to me from The Message: “God is all mercy and grace – not quick to anger, is rich in love. God is good to one and all, everything He does is suffused with grace.” And that word grace reminds me once again it isn’t about me being enough, but about Him showering me with an abundant love I can’t even fathom. He knew I was a screwball when He called me so I can’t imagine He’d change His mind now. Oh I love Him so….
* The Blog Sisterhood – This is my first Christmas season connected with you online and the spirit you are all exhibiting on your blogs is phenomenal. Last year I was SO not in the mood. Does anyone else get that way? This year I am anticipating the season more because you girls motivate me to keep it all in proper perspective. What a wonderful group of friends you are. I love you dearly!
Oh how I could go on but you have other girls to visit. I’m thankful you dropped by today. :)
Visit Laurel Wreath for more TT!
This is my first Christmas blogging too and it really does open up a whole new world. Blessings on you as you continue to be thankful and look to our Great God this beautiful season…
Great list. You did such a great job on the Childrens den, pat yourself on the back ;) Great Black Friday deal. I too am thankful for Christ’s birth, in fact I have been re-reading that for my devotional time, it never gets old.
Your heart for our Lord stirs my soul. I can’t wait for the day to meet you face-to-face. To wrap my arms around you and thank you for sharing you love of Jesus with me. I want to spend years just talking with you.
I was especialluy struck by “unto you.” I am one too!! Love you so much. Thank you for your encouragement and sharing with me.
This will be my first Christmas blogging as well. I am excited to share and encourage as well! Blessings to you especially as you work through these cool devotionals.
Hey this is a wonderful thankful list. This is my first blogging Christmas also and am really enjoying meeting new friends. Thanks for sharing your list, I enjoyed it. Love You! God Bless!
I have been reading your blog for a few weeks now. I so appreciate your positive outlook on life. I struggle with being positive. Thank you for your example and for your obvious love for Christ.
I have enjoyed your blog for about 2 months now. You glorify God in your blog and I appreciate that. I also like following along with the Bible study. Do I have to sign up to participate, or can I just jump in?
May you continue to be blessed every Christmas with blogging.
Thank you for sharing your list of gratitude.
Oh you have a quite impressive list to be thankful for. You know i like to be a ministers wife when i was in college but it seems God has a purpose why i am not married to a preacher. God bless…
Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such encouraging words.
I’m so thankful for the work your mom does.
One of my closest friends lost her son last year to NB, I have such a burden for those children.
There is always so much to be thankful for, and meeting you has been such a treat!
May God bless you and your family as you labor in love for the body of Christ!
I am especially thankful for God’s hand working through yours to me this week. I am humbled. I am thankful…you are a gift!
With love and prayers for you, my new friend!
Thanks for visiting my site, and that is so awesome about you being debt free next year. Your TT list was great… we all do have so much to be thankful for..
FYI: I saw you at the Deeper Still conference when all the Siestas were getting together. I recognized you from your picture, but did not get a chance to say hello. I so enjoy your blogsite.
I am so glad that I found your blog! I know through reading it and doing the on line bible study I will continue to grow and be blessed! I look forward also to this Christmas season. When he becomes more precious this time of year has such a different feeling. I have a very busy December though so I as for prayers that I can keep him directly before me and enjoy his presence.
Great post today-i really think that we all must dissapoint God at one time or another-sometimes without even being aware of doing so. That is where the holy Spirit comes in to help us discern. You quoted some great verses! God’s grace is always there free for the taking. All we need to do is repent and accept his grace in our lives. Only God is perfect. Please come and visit-I posted,too. Blessings, Rose
Me too! This is my first Christmas in blogland as well and I am so excited. I love your thought that He knew who we were when He called us and He will not change His mind!
Thank you for your post! I also think on what it must have been like for Mary the night Jesus was born and then to watch him hang on the cross. God is so wise!
Thank you for the kind words. The Christmas Plays have always been an outreach that God put on my heart when my kids were little because it is the only time that Garry would go. I love the bright shining faces and the eyes lit up like Christmas Trees! They are doing a great job again this year! Thanks for encouraging your kids!
This is my 1st Christmas blogging. I started my blog on Feb 4th of this year. It has been a blessing from God to get to meet you and become friends!! I just know that He will bless us with a great time in San Antonio and hopefully before then. Have a great rest of the week. You deserve to chillax a bit!!
Great Thankful post! Praying right now for your friend. I am trying to keep things in perspective this Christmas too.
I’d love to find that Beth Moore 90 day devo.
God bless you.
Wonderful list, Lisa! (I happen to know that “santa’s elf” purchased that devotional for someone’s present this year…) I CAN’T WAIT TO OPEN IT!!
Have a great day, dear sister!
Wonderful list. God is good.
Awesome stuff Lisa! Our LORD is magnificent!!!!
I too am thankful for the Inspired Word – He is my life line. This is my first blogging Christmas too and I’m loving it!!! Yeah for sisters
I’m almost finished with that devotional from Beth Moore and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it!
Great thankful list.
Great list! I SOOOO wanted that devotional book from Lifeway but I had to work that morning!!!! :(
I guess I’ll have to pay full price for it…or go look on ebay!!!! :P
Oh yes so much to be thankful for!!
I love your list and I love you my blog siesta!!
It is a strange but wonderful friendship that I truly cherish!
My first blogging Christmas too. Great list Lisa. Blessings on your day. Mary
I started a new MEME on my site.. Feel free to stop by and participate on Fridays (It is already up now). Which reminds me that I need to do your latest “I Am” post :)
I love your list! When I was pregnant at Christmas time, I could only imagine how Mary felt…I’m glad I’m one of those “unto you’s” too!
Thanks for the I AM study–I started when the other group was almost done, and now I’m waiting for the new group to catch up–thankfully they’re getting close, I’ve been West of the Wilderness for a while :)
Just wanted to tell you to stop by my blog and read about the facebook scam. If you or your kids have one, especially read it. It’s not been fun!!
another beautiful post
Great post! What a great list! Beth’s 90 Days with the One and Only is on my Christmas list! I can’t wait to get it!
Hey Girl! I have news, stop on by! :) :)